[NorCAN] Bookkeeping and Maintenance Tech job seekers

Furbee, Melissa mfurbee at co.humboldt.ca.us
Wed Jan 15 11:04:24 PST 2014

Have bookkeeping related needs in your office and no one to fill them? What about maintenance technician needs?

The Employment Training Division is here to help!

Recently certified through a collaborated effort between ETD and College of the Redwoods, freshly trained job seekers in both Bookkeeping fundamentals and Maintenance basics are looking for that perfect job with that perfect company -which could be your organization.

If you want to save yourself the time of posting and sifting through resumes of varying quality we have the opportunity for you to get first crack at these motivated and experienced job seekers.

*        Bookkeeping students are trained in the essentials of bookkeeping, including accounts payable and receivable, payroll, reporting requirements, along with QuickBooks 2012.

*        Maintenance Technician students are trained in the basics of maintenance, including painting, wall repair, plumbing and electrical basics, hand and power tool use, and 10 hours of OSHA training.

In addition, there could be opportunities for your organization to benefit from our "on the job training program", offering an additional financial supplement for our client's first few months of hire. During this period, we can subsidize half of a person's wages (up to $4000); saving you money while you train them in the nuanced processes of your company.

If you'd like us to share your openings with these clients, please email or call me.  We can arrange for interviews at our site, or yours.  We'd love to help all of our clients become employed on their new chosen career paths!

Melissa

Melissa Furbee
Senior Vocational Counselor
Employment and Training Division
County of Humboldt
DHHS
707.441.4616 - direct line
707.445.6228 - fax

This e-mail message and any attachments are intended only for the use of the addressee named above and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient, please reply to sender to announce the error, and then delete this message. You are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying or distribution of this message is strictly prohibited and may result in criminal or civil charges. Thank you.