[NorCAN] News from the Clarke Museum

Clarke Historical Museum Clarke_Historical_Museum at mail.vresp.com
Fri Jan 24 15:44:07 PST 2014

Click to view this email in a browser
http://hosted.verticalresponse.com/1753755/e753d50b01/571057665/05f479064c/

Floating Sculptures from Behind the Redwood Curtain:
History of Decoys and Those who Made Them

Exploring the local history of water fowling, this exhibit highlights
wildfowl decoys and those who made them. Presented as both a tool for
hunting and as an art form, decoys created by some of this region’s
finest carvers will be on exhibit. Displaying the incredible and
meticulous craftsmanship by such decoy carvers as Bill McLellan,
Frank Deuel, William “Bill” Hale, Bill Pinches and Vernon Dahl
and paintings by D. Nicolson Miller, Floating Sculptures helps tell
the story of Humboldt County’s rich water fowling tradition.

A member’s only opening reception will take place January 30, 2014
from 4:30 – 6:30 p.m.  Hors d'oeuvres will be served along with a
beer and wine bar.  A weekend hunting trip, original work of art by
D. Nicolson Miller, and hand carved duck decoy will be raffled off at
the exhibit closing.  Tickets will be available at the event and in
the museum gift shop.

Eureka Theater’s 75th Anniversary

In celebration of the 75th anniversary of the Eureka Theater, the
Clarke Museum has a new exhibit showcasing snapshots in their
history. Come down, take a seat in recently restored historic theater
chairs and watch trailers which premiered in 1939 and look at
photographs which document the theater overtime. Stay tuned for a
weekend long celebration at the Eureka Theater during the first
weekend of March.

http://cts.vresp.com/c/?ClarkeHistoricalMuse/e753d50b01/05f479064c/9fb9a7add4

Redwood Coast Beer & BBQ Cook Off
Applications are now available for the Redwood Coast Beer & BBQ Cook
Off

Click Here for the online form
http://cts.vresp.com/c/?ClarkeHistoricalMuse/e753d50b01/05f479064c/c6c899e6ca

or stop by the museum at 240 E Street Eureka for a paper copy.

Our interior paint job is done! Here is the "before" picture, come
down to the museum to check out the "after" for yourself.

Thank you to Hamanaka Painting for doing such a great job.

Attention Teachers

The Clarke Museum is accepting reservations for school tours
beginning February 1st.  Call Amber at (707)443-1947 to schedule.

Exhibit Extended

By popular demand the exhibit Natinixwe: The Hupa People, will stay
on display for a couple more months.  Stop by the museum to check out
this impressive exhibit of photographs and regalia.

http://cts.vresp.com/c/?ClarkeHistoricalMuse/e753d50b01/05f479064c/0683d9e549

Thank You!

Thank you to everyone who participated in our Murder Mystery
Fundraiser!  We couldn't have done it without our dedicated
volunteers and sponsors.

If you are interested in volunteering at the museum or at future
fundraisers fill out our online application at:

http://cts.vresp.com/c/?ClarkeHistoricalMuse/e753d50b01/05f479064c/54443e40cc

Contact Information • 123 Main Street, Any Town, USA 12345 •
800.555.1212

following link:

http://cts.vresp.com/u?e753d50b01/05f479064c/mlpftw

Clarke Historical Museum sent this email free of charge using
VerticalResponse for Non-Profits. Non-Profits email free. You email
affordably.

Clarke Historical Museum
240 E St
Eureka, CA 95501
US

Read the VerticalResponse marketing policy:
http://www.verticalresponse.com/content/pm_policy.html